Savings Hints

Radio and TV
Students can apply for an exemption from or a reduction in license fees in case they are in evidence of need.. Application forms are available from the Gebühreneinzugszentrale (GEZ). They will also give advice.

Telephone costs
If you are exempted from paying radio and TV license fees or receive a BAföG grant, you can apply to Deutsche Telekom for a telephone concession (Sozialtarif). It will entitle you to lower call costs but not to a reduction in rental or connection costs.

International Student Identity Card
The Campus Shop issues International Student Identity Cards and will tell you what you need to do to get one.

German-French Social Identity Card
A German-French Social Identity Card entitles German students aged under 35 to student concessions in France. It is available from Studierendenwerk Hamburg, Info Point, Eingang C, Studentenhaus, Von-Melle-Park 2, 20146 Hamburg-Eimsbüttel (Rotherbaum).