Establish a connection to SSID eduroam
With the eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool you can automatically configure the NetworkManager and generate wpa_supplicant.conf.
For a manual configuration, please do the following (testet on Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)):
- In /etc/ssl/certs/ you should find the file T-TeleSec_GlobalRoot_Class_2.pem.
If not, please download it here:
- Load the wpa_supplicant.conf onto the Raspberry Pi,
(over LAN, USB Stick or the Wi-Fi network VPN/WEB and the WebVPN):
- Edit the file and input your TUHH account with eduroam usage rights:
- Move the file to /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf:
sudo mv wpa_supplicant.conf /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
- Change the file access rights, such that only root has read access to it:
sudo chown 600 /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf
Pay attention to who is part of the system group sudo, which is saved in /etc/sudoers and /etc/sudoers.d/*, who knows the root password and whose SSH key has an entry in /root/.ssh/authorized_keys. These people can see the TUHH password in /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf.
- Restart the device:
sudo shutdown -r now
- With the following command, you can find out the IP address of your device to access it:
ip -4 -h -c address show
The port restrictions in eduroam can be found here.
Please make sure that your device has the latest patches installed, that you are not using more than one anti-virus program and that no "unblocker" is active.
(Unblocker are programs which can unlock content, that is blocked in one country, but not another.)
If you have questions or problems, please have a look at our help pages first. (Klick here for VPN Help)
With questions, suggestions, reports or further problems please contact our User Service Center (Helpdesk). We respond quickly to e-mails to firstname.lastname@example.org. During the semester, the WLAN consultation will take place with Jelisa Bonsen, Phillip Vogel and Niklas Krüger in E2.048. You can find the dates here, as well as in the corridors in the E building.
- mondays: 15:00 - 17:00
- tuesdays: 10:00 - 12:00
- wednesdays: 16:00 - 18:00
- thursday: 16:00 - 18:00