SSID: VPN/WEBto the Flyer
The VPN/WEB network is open. This means, that there is no encryption of your traffic between your device and the access point. To ensure a secure connection only such services which utilize an encryption by default are enabled and require an authentication like the VPN Service of the TUHH.
After connecting to the wireless network, the following services are available:
- VPN Service of the TUHH:
For this purpose, you may start the Cisco VPN Client or another compatible VPN Client.
- eduroam CAT:
The eduroam Configuration Assistant Tool is an alternative to these data center sites for configuring eduroam.
- WebVPN Service of the TUHH:
If you do not have a compatible VPN client or there is no compatible VPN client available for your device, you may log in to the WebVPN Service using your web browser. Through this Service it is possible to download the Cisco VPN Client.
- https://ps.tuhh.de/ to change your TUHH password is directly accessible.
- The ssh server of the RZ is directly accessible.
- Access to Webmail Service, Calendar Service and retrieving/sending emails over an encrypted connection with the mail server of the TUHH are also possible.
- When accessing other websites you will automatically be redirected to the WebVPN Service.
Students of other universities in Hamburg may also use the VPN client of their institution.
ConnectThe exact settings will vary from operating system to operating system. Usually the following information is required:
- Network name: VPN/WEB
- Network Authentication: Open
- Data Encryption: none/deactivated
- Network Type: Infrastructure
- Assignment of IP addresses: automatic/dynamic/DHCP
LimitationsFor students, the usual limitations VPN Service persist.
General troubleshooting information
- After connecting, you will receive a dynamically assigned IP address (via DHCP) from the network 220.127.116.11/21. This means your address should be in the range of 134.28.176.X … 134.28.183.X. The network mask is 255.255.248.0.
- The default gateway is 18.104.22.168 and should be reachable via ping 22.214.171.124.
- The VPN Service should also be reachable via ping 126.96.36.199.
- The name resolution (DNS) should work. It always should be possible to open
https://webvpn.rz.tu-harburg.de in your web browser.
The TUHH automatically assign you the servers 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206.
Please make sure that your device has the latest patches installed, that you are not using more than one anti-virus program and that no "unblocker" is active.
(Unblocker are programs which can unlock content, that is blocked in one country, but not another.)
If you have questions or problems, please have a look at our help pages first. (Klick here for VPN Help)
With questions, suggestions, reports or further problems please contact our User Service Center (Helpdesk). We respond quickly to e-mails to email@example.com.
During the semester, the WLAN consultation will take place in E2.048 with Finn Müller and Phillip Vogel. You can find the dates here, as well as in the corridors in the E building.
- Tuesdays from 10:30 am to 13:30 pm
- Thursdays from 11:30 am to 14:30 pm