Airbus Operations GmbH
Walking on sustainability (floor system improvement)
Description of the company
Airbus is an international pioneer in the aerospace industry. We are a leader in designing, manufacturing and delivering aerospace products, services and solutions to customers on a global scale. We aim for a better-connected, safer and more prosperous world.
The floor system of an aircraft has a composition improved over the years which brings together all the requirements needed. Several parts and different materials are coming together to build the floor the passengers are walking on when entering and moving through the cabin.
Bring together design and sustainability as essential topics for our company. We want to bring both to our floor system with focus on a cost-efficient and sustainable design.
Aims of the project
Make the floor system more sustainable and cost-efficient. Use different opportunities to increase the sustainability of the overall system and Design to Cost methods to bring it together with a design which has potential for the future from a commercial perspective. The final objective is to come to a conclusion of how sustainable the system can be and what is necessary to achieve it below today’s cost of the system.
- Evaluate the floor system in general and what holds it back from being sustainable
- Evaluate the cost drivers for the floor system
- Evaluate on opportunities how to make that system more sustainable and cost-efficient
- Check the simplification potential of the floor system and how it can support the aim of the
Design and modeling
- Define the changes of the system which are necessary to be more sustainable and
- Create a 3D model of the parts and the overall system
- Summarize your conclusion on the cost-effectiveness of the floor system
Target group (students)
Informatik-Ingenieurwesen, Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Data Science.
Please save these dates: Fishing for Experience Termine
You can apply for Fishing for Experience online.