Your master studies (German language) or your international study preparation program for a Bachelor program in German language at TU Hamburg: Applications are open until January 15.

ERASMUS & International Students

We are handling any enquiries regarding the Erasmus programme (EuRopean Community Action Scheme for the Mobility of University Students), which is the European Union student exchange programme (Erasmus Mundus Programme), at the School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics.


Please read all information below before sending an e-mail.

For general questions about admissions, please contact directly the General Admission Office at study(at)tuhh(dot)de

For any ERASMUS and international related enquiries, please send us an e-mail to international-eim[at], to ensure a smooth and quick handling of your enquiry.

Information for Outgoing TUHH Students

Key information by the TUHH International Office for outgoing students

Information sheet on the recognition of academic achievements completed abroad

The TUHH International Office offers annual information session for TUHH students who are interested in studying abroad. Please click here to register for one of the next information sessions.

Information for Incoming Students

Please read first: Key information by the TUHH International Office for incoming students

All incoming students - How to fill your learning agreement

If you want your (amended) learning agreement to be signed, please ensure the following before sending it:

  1. the agreement has been signed by the sending institution, and by yourself;
  2. you only selected modules that are available in the term in which you plan to attend TUHH: some modules are only available in winter term, some only in summer term;
  3. you entered the correct data of the receiving institution:
    1. Receiving instituition: Hamburg University of Technology
    2. Faculty/department: School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics
    3. Erasmus code: D HAMBURG 03
    4. Administrative contact person at TUHH's International Office: Eva Judit Turos, phone number +49 40 42878 4289, internationaloffice[at]
    5. Responsible person at the receiving institution: Deputy Dean International of the School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics, Prof. Dr. Matthias Mnich, international-eim[at], no phone number.

Overseas exchange students - How to submit your learning agreement

If you are an overseas exchange student, then you should submit your learning agreement as a paper-based PDF through Mobility Online.

We can only process correctly filled and signed PDF files. You can sign your learning agreement either with a scanned signature, or with a digital signature. If you sign your PDF digitally, please ensure that you do not lock the PDF document. Use your university mail address in the form.

Please name the file of the learning agreement as follows:


Erasmus exchange students - How to submit your learning agreement

If you are an exchange students visiting through the Erasmus program, then you should submit your learning agreement as an Online Learning Agreement (OLA) through Mobility Online.

Here you can see sample documents of how your learning agreement should look like (click on the images to enlarge them):

Sample Learning Agreement
Sample Learning Agreement

Courses at the School of Electrical Engineering, Computer Science and Mathematics

List of all lectures (Bachelor's degree) given in English

The courses for Summer and Winter semesters are as follows.

List of all lectures (Master's degree) given in English

The courses for Summer and Winter Semester are as follows.

Current curricula by course of study (containing also courses given in German language)
Study packages showing possible course selections

Study packages
Kindly note that these are just a suggestion of the possible combination of courses for each semester. You can, however, choose to pick a different combination which suits you. Please refer to the complete list of courses to make your choices.

FAQ for Incoming Students

What do I have to do if I want to write my Bachelors/Masters thesis during my ERASMUS stay at the TUHH?
  1. Make yourself clear about the field you want to write your thesis in; see research areas here.
  2. Contact a professor of our school of study is working in the field you’d like to write your thesis in to enquire about their willingness to act as an advisor for your thesis. Please attach your bachelor’s certificate (if applying for a Master’s thesis) and your Transcript of Records. You also have to list your precognitions in the field concerned.
  3. As soon as you have found an advisor for your thesis, please register your thesis with the Central Examination Office, as explained here.
Can I select several lectures of a modul or do I have to choose all lectures?

You cannot choose among units (like lectures, tutorials, ...) of a modul, it is compulsory to attend all units in order to take the examination.

What level of German proficiency does TUHH require?

A1 (completed) in German is compulsory. A minimum of B1 is recommended for the working language (English or German, depends on the course). The A1 certificate could of course be an official test result from TestDAF or Goethe Institute, but it could also be issued by a language teacher of the institution.

How do I register for specific courses?

Specific courses can only be registered when the student has been oficially enrolled at the TUHH. Once the enrollment has been completed, the student will then receive the matriculation number and  access to the online platform to register for the specific courses.

Who should I contact for information about a specific course?

Please contact directly the responsible lecturer for the course.

For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at international-eim[at]