Particle Size Analysing Devices at SPE
Camsizer XT, Retsch
Dynamic image analysis according to ISO 13322-2.
- Gravity Dispersion: 10 μm - 3 mm
- Air Pressure Dispersion: 1 μm - 1,5 mm
- Wet Dispersion: 1 µm - 600 µm
Air Jet Sieve Alpine A200, Hosokawa Alpine
Measurement range: 20 μm – 4 mm
LS 13 320 Laser Diffraction, Beckmann Coulter
Laser diffraction/light scattering using Fraunhofer or Mie theory, according to ISO 13220 and Polarization Intensity Differential Scattering (PIDS) technology for submicron identification.
• 0.4 – 2000 μm (mixture of materials)
• 0.04 – 2000 μm (pure materials with known refractive index)
SediGraph III PLUS, Micromeritics
Sedimentation technique in a liquid with known properties is used. Particles are dispersed either in an aqueous or in an organic solvent. The measuring principle is based on X-Ray absorption.
Measurement range: 0.1 – 300 µm
Parsum-Probe IPP 70-S, Parsum
The inline particle sizing probe utilizes the measurement principle of Spatial Filter Velocimetry. This technique uses a number-based, chord length sizing method in order to deliver particle size and velocity distributions of a certain particle buffer.
- Particle Size: 500-6000 µm
- Particle Velocity: 0.01-50 m/s