Opto-Mechatronics characterizes the integration of optics, mechanics, electronics and informatics with regard to smart technical solutions, that interact with their surroundings.
Based on our competence and experience in those technology areas, we develop opto-mechatronic production systems, that meet the requirements on quality, productivity, efficiency, flexibility and ergonomics. Key success factors in this respect are the holistic optimization and 3D / 6D simulation and the multi-sensorial data capture and processing.
Our current development and research areas have been derived from the following research focuses:
- Development of sensors and actuators
- Development of adaptive control systems
- Development and integration of optical measuring components for technically smart machine and robot control systems
- Development of adaptive flexible assembly and manufacturing cells
- Development of suitable for industrial use simulation and work preparation software tools
For example, our technology is being used for adaptive sensor-controlled manufacturing and assembly of large lightweight structures that need to be treated as unicums, due to their high accuracy requirements in the processing chain.