Theses in Algorithms and Complexity
We consistently offer bachelor and master theses in the following topic areas:
- discrete and combinatorial optimization
- structural and algorithmic graph theory
- dynamic and quantum algorithms
- linear and integer programming
- algorithmic game theory
- foundations of artificial intelligence and machine learning
- computational complexity and theory of verification
If you are interested in writing your thesis with us, please contact us at algo(at)tuhh.de by sending us your transcript of records and a short description of your interests and/or motivations. Then we can discuss which topic is most suitable.
Some theses written under our guidance have been awarded prizes, e.g.
- "Algorithm engineering for maximum cut problems", MSc thesis written by D. Ferizovic, awarded the Prize by the DFG Special Focus Program 1736 "Algorithms for Big Data" of the German Science Foundation (2019)
- "Improved bounds for minimal feedback vertex sets in tournaments", MSc thesis written by E.-L. Teutrine, awarded the Prize by the Bonn Computer Science Society (2016)
Below are some examples of currently available topics for bachelor and master theses at our institute; we offer more topics in the aforementioned areas.