- Restructuring and maintenance of long living software systems
Among engineering sciences there are a lot of softwaretools which have been developped within extensive research programs. The value of this software is in the estimable reliability of its calculation results, even though the quality requirements of this software do not always come up to a modern standard. The aim of this project is to develop mechanisms and procedural methods how these systems, especially the E4-system for ship design applied in our institute, could be maintained and continously enhanced. more ...
- Publisher Schriftenreihe Schiffbau
The publisher is the central publication method for scientific publications in the field of naval architecture and ship engineering of Hamburg University of Technology. The publisher sees it's task in the spreading and preservation of public research results. Especially the doctoral candidates of TUHH shall find here a most cost-saving method of publishing their works. more ...
- Optimisation of trial trip analysis
- Development of a Simulation-Tool to predict Sinking Sequences
- Optimization and Dimensioning of a Ships steelstructure in the Early Design Stage
- The Sinking Sequence of MV Estonia
After the founderings of the RoRo ferries MV Herald of Free Enterprise in 1987 and MV Jan Heweliusz in 1993, MV Estonia was the third total loss of a ferry in the waters of northern Europe within a few years. All these three ferries had one thing in common: an end-to-end RoRo deck. Soon after the MV Estonia disaster several north European countries committed the so called "Stockholm Agreement" in 1995, which deals with a specified amount of water on the Main Car Deck additionally to the existing rules. more ...
- Verbesserung des Notstopp-Verhaltens von langsamlaufenden 2-Takt Dieselmotoren
- Introduction of RANS-CFD into the Initial Design Process
The time pressure in the early design stage prohibited the use of viscous flow CFD-methods up till now. Therefore, a process chain was developed at the Institute of Ship Design and Ship Safety which allows the use of RANS-CFD-methods already in the very early design. The process makes it possible to analyse a fully appended ships hull within three hours. more ...
- Entwicklung einer statistikbasierten Methodik für Schiffsentwürfe unter realistischen Betriebsbedingungen