Laboratory & Facilities
Our research laboratory is located in Am Schwarzenberg-Campus 3 (E) at TUHH
We are specialized in designing and developing customized experimental setup for investigation of various multiphase and multiscale processes relevant to soil, water, and energy research. A few examples of experimental stations developed in our previous research and projects together with some of our equipment are listed below:
- Constant climate chamber Memmert HPP750eco
This environmental testing chamber allows us to vary the temperature from 0 to 70 °C with a setting accuracy of 0.1 °C and the relative humidity from 10 to 90 % with an accuracy of 0.5 % rh.
- Universal oven Memmert UN110
The oven allows to heat and dry probes up to 300 °C with an accuracy of 0.1 /0.5 °C.
- High precision lab balance Kern ABT 220-4NM
Allows to measure masses up to 220 g with an accuracy of 0.01 mg.
- Lab balance Kern EW 6200-2NM (6x)
Allows to measure masses up to 6200 g with an accuracy of 0.01 g.
- Soil analysis sensor & data logger Scanntronik (60x)
Allows fully automatic measuring and logging of soil moisture, electrical conductivity and environmental temperature in soils at field experiments.
- Retsch Vibratory sieve shaker AS 200 control
Allows particle size analysis of soil.
- Meter minidisk infiltrometer MD1 (2x)
Allows measuring of infiltration rate in soils.
- FLIR A700 Professional Science Kit
Allows thermal filming with a resolution of 640 × 480 in the spectral Range of 7.5–14.0 µm and frame rates up to 30 Hz.
- Hot-wire anemometer VOLTCRAFT PL-135HAN
Allows measuring of air temperature, air velocity and volume flow rate in the ranges of 0 - 50 °C, 0.1 - 25 m/s and 0 - 99999 m³/min, respectively.
- Luxmeter Voltcraft MS-200LED
Allows measuring of illumination and light strength of conventional incandescent lamps and LED lighting in the range of 0.01 - 400000 lx.