Numerical Simulation Tools for Protection of Coasts against Flooding and Erosion
Sim.COAST is an FP7 EU-funded project (DG Research) under the People Programme – Marie Curie Actions, FP7-PEOPLE-2009-IRSES. The Project involves 5 partners from the EU and China, as follows:
- Black Sea-Danube Costal Association for Research and Development, BDCA, Varna, Bulgaria
- Hohai University, HHU, Nanjing, China
- Nanjing Hydraulic Research Institute, NHRI, Nanjing, China
- River and Coastal Engineering Institute, Hamburg University of Technology, TUHH, Hamburg, Germany
- University of Roma Tre, Department of Civil Engineering, UR3, Rome, Italy
Sim.COAST aims to provide improved process understanding, new knowledge, methods, new and improved numerical tools, through extensive exchange of knowledge and experience, and implementation of a joint research & training program of partners.
Project objectives will be pursued by exploring the available experience of the partners, creating complementarities/synergies between them, and using basic preconditions.
more information see pdf-Download