Applicants for research positions (remarks)

All research positions financed by the institute/university will be advertised here. We only can finance research positions described in the advertisements of the university.

If there are no suitable advertisements you have to look after financing your research for example by DFG, DAAD, a Begabtenförderungswerk, a Stiftung (Foundation) or your national government. In this case we may consider if your research project can be done at our institute and support your application if it fits our research subjects. These are:

  • Corrosion and durability of building materials and structures (experimental investigations, modelling, computer simulation of service life and durability design, optimization of building materials)

  • Special and high performance building materials

  • Destructive and non-destructive testing methods for building materials and structures

  • Connections of composition, structure and properties of processing and use during the transition from the unmanufactored material to the processed and the hardened material

  • Saving of energy, construction and environment

Please inform yourself also about the doctoral degree regulations of the University of Technology Hamburg. You must have a Master's degree with good graduation (better than 2,5 in the German system) to get the admission to doctoral studies.

Applicants with a diploma of a non-german university are asked for a letter of the Zentralstelle für ausländisches Bildungswesen (ZAB) in Bonn, attesting the equivalence of your diploma with a german university-diploma or master of science (Zeugnisbewertung). The documents you have to forward to the ZAB to get this Zeugnisbewertung are listet here.

You should also be aware that without a basic knowledge of German language it is not possible to live and to work in Hamburg. This is also a precondition to get a funding by DAAD.

As described above all research positions beyond the advertisements of the university must be financed by other institutions. Therefore such application must contain:

  • a statement how the research position shall be financed,
  • a CV,
  • a copy of your your diploma showing that it is better than 2,5 (good) in the german system (1-6),
  • a copy of the evaluation of your master degree by the ZAB, showing that your degree is equivalent to a german master of science,
  • a research concept and
  • a description of your knowledge of german language.

Uncomplete applications will not be answered.