Hints concerning the basic internship and the preparation of the report
Before starting the internship or searching an internship, respectively, please consider
- the restriction of companies at which you can carry out the internship, according to § 6 of the Grundpraktikumsordnung, in particular item 3 and 4:
- the employer has to be an industrial company
- the employer has to be registered in the Industrie- und Handelskammer as an apprenticeship employer, and the internship has to be supervised by a person responsible for apprenticeships
- max 4 weeks of the internship can be carried out in a company run by the family of the intern
- the activities, which can be recognized, are listed in § 5 of the Grundpraktikumsordnung:
- GP1: subtractive manufacturing (1-4 weeks)
- GP2: assembly and testing (1-4 weeks)
- GP3: forming (1-4 weeks)
- GP4: joining and separating processes (1-4 weeks)
- ten weeks.
- a separation into multiple terms is possible, where each term must at least last 4 weeks.
The recognition of the internship is based on the report. For that, consider § 7 of the Grundpraktikumsordnung. (10 pages including figures)
For the recognition it is very helpful if the report contains a table, summarizing the activities and assigning them to the fields GP1 to GP4 according to §5.