Luleå University of Technology has an open position for a chaired Professor in Waste Science and Technology.
The IWWG Regional Branch for Southern Africa is organizing an international training seminar and summer school in managing waste as a resource. Dates: 26-28 Nov 2018 (seminar), 26-30 Nov 2018 (summer school), Durban, South Africa.
VI International Conference on Integrated Solid Waste & Faecal Sludge Management in South-Asian Countries, 23-24 February 2019, Khulna, Bangladesh. Website
4th Symposium of the IWWG Asian Regional Branch, 20-22 February 2019, Bangkok, Thailand. Website
* IWWG co-sponsored events
IWWG News & Views
New IWWG journal: DETRITUS
We are proud to announce that a new Journal has been launched, as a second official journal of IWWG-International Waste Working Group, further to Waste Management.
The new Journal, called Detritus, will appear quarterly starting from March 2018 and wishes to be more open to the society, focusing on recovering of residual resources and amplifying the “waste management” concept by opening to other disciplines related to waste (e.g. earth science, applied microbiology, chemistry, environmental protection, social sciences, architecture, art, law, etc.).
The multidisciplinarity of the Journal will be reflected by the Editorial Board (Editor in Chief, Associate Editors, IWWG Strategic Editorial Committee, and Editorial Advisory Board).
Raffaello Cossu will serve as the Editor in Chief. The Managing Editor will be Paola Pizzardini, former Managing Editor of Waste Management. The Associate Editors are the following:
- Damià Barcelo (ICRA Catalan Institute for Water Research, Barcelona)
- Pierre Hennebert (INERIS-Institut national de l'environnement industriel et des risques, France)
- Anders Lagerkvist (Lulea University, Sweden)
- Michael Nelles (University of Rostock, Germany)
- Mohamed Osmani (Loughborough University, UK)
- Roland Pomberger (Montanuniversitaet Leoben, Austria)
- Marco Ragazzi (University of Trento, Italy)
- Marco Ritzkowski (Hamburg University of Technology)
- Howard Robinson (Phoenix Engineering, UK)
- Rainer Stegmann (Hamburg University of Technology)
- Sirintornthep Towprayoon (King Monkut’s University of Technology Thonburi, Thailand)
- Hans van der Sloot (Consultant, Previously Head of ECN Environmental Unit, The Netherlands),
- Francesco Vegliò (University of L’Aquila, Italy)
- Ian Williams (University of Southampton, UK)
- Jonathan Wong (Hong Kong Baptist University, Hong Kong)
- Hideki Yoshida (Muroran Institute of Technology, Japan)
- Liangtong Tony Zhan (Zheijangu University, China)
- Christian Zurbruegg (Eawag/Sandec, Switzerland)
To visit the official website of the Journal click here.
30 Years Sardinia Symposium
The sixteenth edition of the Sardinia Symposium, organized by the IWWG - International Waste Working Group, was held in Forte Village, Santa Margherita di Pula (Cagliari) Italy, from October 2nd to October 6th, 2017.
To read the full report click here.
Howard Robinson reports from the 14th International Waste Management and Landfilling Symposium.
To read the article click here.
IWWG C&D Task Group Leader steers the creation of a new BSI Standard on construction waste reduction
The British Standards Institution (BSI) has launched a new standard (BS 8895) that can help reduce waste across the design stages of building and refurbishment projects. BS 8895 has been developed by a committee of leading industry experts and was chaired by Mohamed Osmani, the IWWG Construction and Demolition Task Group Leader.
For further information, please read the press release.
IWWG members have free access to conference papers
Being a member to the IWWG is associated with remarkable benefits, such as discounts on the registration fees for seminars or conferences. From the scientific point of view, however, the free access to around 5,000 conference papers of IWWG events from the past 10 years is obviously outstanding. Furthermore, a comfortable 'search-in-papers' function allows for the selection of particular papers through keywords, title and/or author information. To date, ~ 4,000 papers are available here and the number will be further increased. This service is reserved for IWWG members only.
New Monograph released
A new Monograph, edited by Hans van der Sloot and Raffaello Cossu, has been published and is available for purchase.
For further information click here.