The objectives of IWWG will be pursued mainly by means of:
Dissemination of Information
- Collecting, developing and disseminating information on all aspects of solid waste management with particular emphasis on the results of R&D
- Editing and producing the Journal Waste Management
- Maintaining an internet web site
- Running symposia and conferences
- Organising seminars, workshops and specialist task groups
- Fostering links with existing organisations
- Running training courses and producing training material
- Publishing textbooks and monographs
- Developing university courses
- Providing technical assistance in co-sponsoring conferences, courses, etc.
- Supplying consultancy services to institutions, governments, world organisations, etc.
- Providing advice on the development of guidelines, legislation and waste management policy.