The Congress in Yaoundè is the first chance in Cameroun to face the environmental challenges due to the rapid urbanisation and the recent economic development at a scientific international level. [read more]
Three IWWG Training Courses have been arranged in connection with the Sardinia 2017 Symposium.
The IWWG Regional Branch for Russia and NIS is co-organizing the III International Scientific Conference "From Waste Management to Resource Recovery" to be held 30 Nov.-1 Dec. 2017 in Perm, Russia.
* IWWG co-sponsored events
First Pan-African University of Rain in Yaounde
20 - 21 July 2017, Yaoundé, Cameroon
The first Congress on Sanitation in African Cities , 20-21st July in Yaoundè, is the first chance in Cameroun to face the environmental challenges due to the rapid urbanisation and the recent economic development at a scientific international level.
The congress is free of charge since it is the final step of a large educational project started in 2013 with the aim to train 300 engineers in Cameroon specialized in sustainable management of water resources and sanitation in African cities.
The organisers welcome all those who desire to promote sustainable development in Africa. [Information in French]
SARDINIA 2017 - 16th International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium
2 - 6 October 2017, Santa Margherita di Pula, Cagliari, Italy
Following the incredible success of Sardinia 2015 / Arts Edition, which saw the participation of 732 delegates from more than 70 different countries from all the continents, we are proud to announce the 30th Anniversary of Sardinia Symposia, the reference forum for the international community since 1987.
Sardinia 2017 promises to be the most international and largest event of the year in the field of Waste Management and Landfilling. In line with tradition, the 16th edition of the conference will focus on advances of Waste Management science and technologies, presenting case studies and discussing key controversial subjects, sharing experiences from different countries, and assessing social and economical balances.
The conference will include oral sessions and specialised workshops for a total of eight parallel tracks, parallel events, practical design workshops, business to business meetings, discussion forums, a continuously accessible poster area and a wide exhibition space for companies working in the field of Waste Management. Prior to the start of the Symposium, training courses will be offered by IWWG.
Sardinia is unique in that almost all delegates stay within the premises of the Forte Village resort, where comfortable facilities and the frequency of meeting colleagues from all over the world, offer a great opportunity for networking. The Sardinia scientific programme will be enriched by an exciting evening events calendar, including music shows, guided tours, sport activities, gala dinner and more.
- Waste management policy and strategies
- Need for appropriate and updated legislation
- Public concern and education
- WM assessment and decision tools
- Producer responsability
- WM solutions for large cities
- Waste transport and collection
- Waste minimization and avoidance: large scale implementation
- Circular economy and realistic approach
- Final sink for residual waste
- Link between production and recycling operators
- Biological treatment and energy production
- Advances in composting and anaerobic technologies
- Biofuels from waste
- Thermal treatment and advanced technologies
- Sanitary landfilling
- Technologies (pre- and in situ treatment) for landfill sustainability
- Landfill mining
- Long term fate of landfill structures: rethinking the design
- Integrated wastewater and solid waste management
- WM and climate change
- Contaminants fate in materials recycling
- Nanotechnologies issues in WM
- Plastics littering: biodegradable plastics is the solution
- WM in developing and low income countries
- Design workshops for sustainable WM
For further enquiries and information on registration, exhibition, accommodation, etc, please contact the Organising Secretariat:
Via Beato Pellegrino 23
35137 Padova, Italy
Tel. +39 049 8726986
Fax +39 049 8726987