5th Symposium on Urban Mining and Circular Economy
With the scientific support of the University of Padova and the University of Bologna, the IWWG is organizing the fifth Symposium on Urban Mining and Circular Economy, to be held in Bologna (Italy) from May 18 to May 20, 2020.
7th International Conference on Industrial and Hazardous Waste Management, Chania-Crete, Greece, September 15 - 18, 2020. Website
SUM 2020 - Fifth Symposium on Urban Mining and Circular Economy
Bologna, Italy. 18-20 May 2020
The 5th Symposium on Urban Mining and Circular Economy – SUM 2020 – will be held from 18th to 20th May 2020 in Bologna, Italy.The Symposium is organized by IWWG - International Waste Working Group with the Scientific Support of the University of Padova and University of Bologna.
To achieve a virtuous application and optimization of current practice, urban mining and circular economy are dependent on the appropriate combination of three worlds (TRIANGLE concept): research and technology (private and public) / administration, economy and industry / policy and regulation. This combination is equally important in other fields of waste management, although is of paramount relevance for a Circular Economy. SUM 2020 will focus on all relevant and innovative aspects relating to these three worlds.
The Symposium will last three days and will include oral sessions, a poster session and a technical tour. The following topics, among others, will be extensively discussed: waste avoidance, sources and characterization of resources in urban areas, technologies for the extraction of materials, techniques of waste segregation, separate collection, takeback programs, recirculation pathways and markets, recovery of abandoned urban areas, carbon and water footprint of material recycling, economic and legal aspects, urban mining and circular economy concepts in developing countries.
Advantageous conditions will be offered to companies wishing to display their practical experience and innovative technologies. Meeting opportunities will also be created to foster cooperation between those involved in industrial production and material recycling.
VII International conference on Hazardous and Industrial Waste Management
Chania, Crete, Greece. 15 - 18 September, 2020
Organized by: IWWG, Technical University of Crete, University of Padua, Hamburg University of Technology, Tsinghua University
Click HERE to download the brochure!
The 7th international conference on industrial and hazardous waste management CRETE 2020 will be held in Chania (Crete - Greece), September 15 - 18, 2020. CRETE 2020 will mark the 12th anniversary of this unique IWWG conference series, which is jointly organized by the Technical University of Crete, the University of Padua, the Hamburg University of Technology and Tsinghua University of Beijing.
Conference topics have been chosen in order to allow a holistic approach of industrial and hazardous waste management and create an even more appealing, interesting and riveting Conference program.
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste (IHW): Regulations, Legislation & Characterization
- Producer Responsibility and Hazardous Compounds in Products
- IHW Management: Emission Control, Concepts & Practices
- IHW Minimization & Recycling: Optimized Production Processes, Re-utilization, Waste Stock Market, etc.
- Toxicological & Safety Aspects of IHW / Contaminated Sites Management
- Design & Operation of IHW Treatment Plants & Disposal Sites: Recycling Plants, Incinerators, Chemical/ Physical Treatment Plants, Landfills, Intermediate Storage Facilities, etc.
- Contaminant Release & Transport: Processes, LCA, Risk Assessment
- Environmental Toxicology of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs), persistent Biocides and Pesticides
- Formation and Destruction of Halogenated Dioxins, PAHs, Biphenyls and Similar Compounds
- Remediation of Contaminated Sites & Groundwater
- Remediation of Mines and Treatment of Mine Residues
- Special Waste Management: Medical, Radioactive, Agro-Industrial and Pharmaceutical Waste, Production Residues, Asbestos, WEEE, etc.
- Catastrophes and War: Effects on the Environment, Impact, Remediation
- Pollution of Marine Environment by Plastic Debris & other Waste
- IHW Energy Management Concepts: Energy Reduction and Recovery
- Social Aspects of IHW Management: Public Acceptance, Public Involvement, Information Policy, Safety Aspects
- Aspects of Global Pollution: Reduction of diffuse Emissions, Targets for acceptable Water, Air & Soil Contamination (Planetary Boundaries), etc.
- Reduction of Air Pollution by advanced Industrial Emission Control
- New Ways of Education in the Field of IHW in Schools, Universities & the Public: Virtual Reality, Advanced Internet Utilization (Presentations, Communication, Courses, etc.), Waste and Art, etc.
- Case Studies
- Industrial Company Presentations and Forum
The Call for Abstracts will open soon.
We will be honored to welcome you all to Chania, once again and receive your contribution to the conduction of a really interesting and successful Conference.
CRETE 2020 Conference Seretariat
Tel. +30 28210 37790
Fax. + 30 28210 37850