- Natural and hygienically relevant microorganisms in drinking water
- Quantification of bacteria in drinking water
- Identification of bacteria
- Bacterial population analyses
- Growth of bacteria and VBNC-state
- Activity of bacteria in the environment
- Biofilms in drinking water systems
- Disinfection of drinking water and drinking water systems
- Microbiological processes in drinking water treatment
- Technical realization for optimized use of microbiological processes for drinking water production
- Impact factors on microbiological drinking water quality during distribution and compliance with legal requirements on hygiene at the consumers tap
- Allgemeine Mikrobiologie. 2007. Fuchs, G. (Hrsg.), 8. Aufl., Thieme Verlag, Stuttgart.
- Brock Biology of Microorganisms. 2015. Madigan, M. T., Martinko, J. M., Bender, K. S., Buckley, D. H., and Stahl, D. A. (eds.), 14. edition, Pearson Education Ltd, Harlow, UK.
- Microbial growth in drinking- water supplies: Problems, causes control and research needs. 2014. Van der Kooij, D. and Van der Wielen, P. W. J. J. (eds.) IWA Publishing, London.