Exercise: Computer Networks and Internet Security --> See LECTURE for all INFORMATION and FILESLecturer: Prof. Dieter Gollmann Prof. Dr. Andreas Timm-Giel Ann-Christine Kycler, M. Sc
In this class an introduction to computer networks with focus on the Internet and its security is given. Basic functionality of complex protocols are introduced. Students learn to understand these and identify common principles. In the exercises these basic principles and an introduction to performance modelling are addressed using computing tasks and (virtual) labs.
In the second part of the lecture an introduction to Internet security is given.
This class comprises:
- Application layer protocols (HTTP, FTP, DNS)
- Transport layer protocols (TCP, UDP)
- Network Layer (Internet Protocol, routing in the Internet)
- Data link layer with media access at the example of Ethernet
- Multimedia applications in the Internet
- Network management
- Internet security: IPSec
- Internet security: Firewalls
- Kurose, Ross, Computer Networking - A Top-Down Approach, 6th Edition, Addison-Wesley
- Kurose, Ross, Computernetzwerke - Der Top-Down-Ansatz, Pearson Studium; Auflage: 6. Auflage
- W. Stallings: Cryptography and Network Security: Principles and Practice, 6th editionFurther literature is announced at the beginning of the lecture.
Mon.. 09:00 - 12:00 (fortnightly, from 16/10/17) - Online Lab - K - DE15 Room 1520, Mon.. 09:00 - 10:30 (fortnightly, from 23/10/17) - Exercise - D - SBC4 Room D1.024, Mon.. 10:45 - 12:15 (fortnightly, from 23/10/17) - Exercise - H - SBC5 Room H0.02, Mon.. 16:45 - 18:15 (fortnightly, from 23/10/17) - Exercise - A - SBC1 Room A0.13.1/2
Term: WiSe 17/18
Requirements: Basics of Computer Science
Performance Record :Written exam
Stud.IP: Exercise: Computer Networks and Internet Security --> See LECTURE for all INFORMATION and FILES