PhD Student (m/f/d)
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter (m/w/d)
For a maximum of 3 years. The remuneration is in accordance with TV-L 13
TUHH Stellenportal No.: 3821WE16
The successful candidate works in a team on a publicly funded, collaborative project on model checking for medical cyber-physical systems, with the underlying goal of providing rigorous, formal guarantees for safety-critical systems. The project addresses systems that cannot yet be formally verified because their models are too imprecise. Our objective is to develop algorithms that can cope with partially unknown models and, based both on theory from formal methods and experimentally gained data, describe them formally and put them into practice.
- Research in the field of model checking
- Modeling of real-life cyber-physical systems
- Software development (proof of concept, integration)
- Supervision and teaching of project-related topics
- Publishing, presenting, and disseminating the findings
- Excellent university degree in computer science or related fields.
- Background in (or an aptitude for) model checking, timed automata, or other formal methods
- Interest in engineering mathematics and in collaborating with engineers
- Skills in programming and algorithmic techniques
- Interest in experimental validation
- Academic qualification and the opportunity to obtain a doctoral degree
- Participation in structured education and training programs
- Inter-disciplinary research in a team, including networking
- Foundational research in computer science combined with technology transfer
For further information please contact Sibylle Schupp.
TUHH is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive the same consideration.
Please submit your letter of motivation along with your transcripts, CV, theses, previous publications (if any), and one or two letters of recommendation electronically to the application portal linked to below
Die TUHH steht für Chancengleichheit sowie ein wertschätzendes und respektvolles Miteinander.
We look forward to receiving your online application by 24.02.2021