Particle structure, morphology and moisture
Moisture analyzer (Precisa EM 120-HR)
Analyze moisture content of solid materials
- Mass up to 124 g
- Accuracy: 0.1 mg or 1 mg
- Temperature up to 230 °C
Dynamic Vapor Sorption Analyzer (DVS Resolution)
Dynamic vapor sorption isotherms from 5 to 85 °C
- Water (and other solvent) sorption kinetics
- In-situ preheating/drying of samples to 300°C
- Sample masses from 1mg to 5000mg
- Surface and bulk measurement capabilities and analysis
- Water diffusion and permeation measurements
- Color Video microscopy
- Optional Fiber Optic Raman
3D Laser Scanning Confocal Microscope VK-X160K, Keyence
3D measurement on objects with complex geometries, with high-resolution and low noise (roughness measurement)
- Non-contact measurement
- 16-BIT photomultiplier (PMT)
- Display resolution: 5 nm
- Fully-focused color observation
- Optical lenses: 10×, 20x, 50x and 100× magnification
Bomb calorimeter (IKA-Janke & Kunkel C4000)
Applied for determination of calorific value of solid and liquid fuels and biomasses. This is an adiabatic calorimeter, which works according to DIN 51900-3.
Helium-Pycnometer (Mutlivolume Micromeritics 1305)
Provides a precise and rapid determination of the true volume of powders, porous materials, and irregularly shaped solid objects.
For determination density of liquids and gross density of solids. Gravimetric measurement with glass vessel of known volume according to DIN 51757.
Muffle Furnace: Heraeus MR 170 E
The main purpose is the heating of samples up to 1000°C. The furnace can thus be used for calcination, drying, burning out of vessels and the measurement of coke and ash content of fuels.