11. Dezember 2019Am 02. und 03. Dezember 2019 fand das 3rd International Meeting on Healthcare Systems Design Research an der University of Cambridge in UK statt.
06. Dezember 2019Am 5. Dezember fand das 3. "Symposium on Deep-Sea Oil Spills" an der TUHH statt. (Weiterlesen... / zur TUHH-Pressemeldung)
04. Dezember 2019Das Forschungsprojekt CHARLIE - Entwicklung einer Methode für die Qualitätssicherung in der fokalen Strahlentherapie des Prostata-Karzinoms wird in d
03. Dezember 2019Sie haben Interesse daran die Luftfahrtforschung am Institut für Produktentwicklung und Konstruktionstechnik mitzugestalten? In 2020 werden mehrere St
21. November 2019Vom 10. bis 14. November 2019 fand die ASME 2019 International Mechanical Engineering Congress and Exposition (IMECE19) in Salt Lake City, USA s
We call for submission of oral and poster contributions from PhD-students working at universities and research institutions in the field of lightweight systems and related fabrication technologies. The language of the symposium is English.
Today more than ever, economic growth, prosperity and mobility need to be balanced with the limited availability of natural resources and energy reserves. In this context, lightweight systems play a central role by the realization of sustainable products and components, minimizing material and energy consumption over the entire design life. The design space available to engineers is continuously expanded by novel material systems and fabrication technologies entering the market. At the same time, novel multi-disciplinary design tools, methods and approaches, new data and information technologies are revolutionizing products and the way they are designed and fabricated.
The symposium Lightweight Design in Product Development (LWD-PD) will be held at ETH Zurich on:
June 13th to 15th 2018
The purpose of this symposium is to selectively address and discuss actual topics along the entire value chain from material to design and fabrication, sharing research achievements at the leading edge of research and application and discussing and exchanging ideas on future trends.StructureThe LWD-PD symposium is structured in five blocks, each one of them addressing one of the following topics:Multi-functional lightweight systemsModular lightweight designEngineering of compositesAdditive manufacturing for lightweight designAdvanced materials and processesBlocks are all organized in the same manner. They include a keynote presentation, short talks and an extended poster session. Therefore, PhD-students will be asked to briefly present their own research and prepare a poster contribution. Sufficient time for specific discussions and exchanges will be allocated at the poster sessions.
- P. Ermanni, ETH Zurich, CH (Chair)
- D. Krause, TU Hamburg, GER
- M. Meboldt, ETH Zurich, CH (co-Chair)
- S. Wartzack, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, GER
- M. Zogg, Inspire AG, CH
Best Research Award and Publishing
A best research award will be granted during the symposium and outstanding scientific contributions will be proposed for publication in a thematic collection of the Design Science Journal (www.designsciencejournal.org).
Call for Abstracts
- Authors will submit a 300 words abstract until April, 15th 2018
- Program committee will provide feedback concerning the abstract until April, 30th 2018
- Authors of accepted abstracts are requested to submit an extended abstract (max. 3 pages) until May, 25th 2018
For abstract submission, send your contribution to firstname.lastname@example.org.