DiPol aims to collect knowledge on the impact of CC on water quality, to communicate and raise awareness towards this knowledge, to improve the ability of decision makers to counteract these impacts on local and international level, and to facilitate public participation herein.
On the international level
- Identification of gaps of knowledge and the improvement of monitoring programs.
- Identification of future impacts of CC on water bodies and the knowledge of those contaminant pathways which are mostly affected by CC.
- Communication and exchange between regions negatively effected by transnational water pollution.
On the local level
- Implementation of SIMACLIM as a communication and decision tool among decision makers.
- Raising awareness of transnational impact of different measures, e.g. on the quality of the coastal area. Exemplarily for the different kinds of sites that are encountered in the urban-river-sea triangle, 4 sites have been chosen which are to a different extent influenced by the freshwater and the marine regime. Investigations at these sites are supported by authorities on the national level due to the implications for the national “program of measures”, due to their obligations to contribute to the MSD, and due their interest and responsibilities for implementation of measures at these sites.
- Participation of pupils and public in sampling surveys, analyses of contaminants in laboratories and presentation of complex processes in a documentary.
Investing in the future by working together for a sustainable and competitive region