- After receiving a positive answer to your application and discussing all the necessary details with your supervisor, you download the suitable application form of the examination office that you can find on the TUHH online portal (https://tune.tuhh.de).
- Print it and fill out the first part of the form (marked with "I."). You can either fill out the form manually or digitally.*
- Submit the form to the examination office (you do not have to hand it in personally; you can send it by post).
- After checking the application, the examination office sends the form to the institute. In case you submit it personally, it is possible that you get the form back right away so that you can bring it to us directly.
- In accordance with you we fill out the rest of the form and send it back to the examination office.
- After that you can see the submission date in the online portal.
* Please do not contact any institutes to look for a second examiner by yourself, our institute will contact and provide one for you.
What to consider before submitting
- Check if you followed the guidelines and Word templates which you can download on our site.
- Make sure that your thesis includes an affidavit that you i. a. compiled the thesis single-handedly and that quotes can be identified as such. Your supervisor can help you with this.
- When everything is ready, prepare two copies of your master thesis (one for the first and one the second examiner) with a glue binding. Spiral/ring bindings will not be accepted.
- Enclose electronic storage medium (e.g. CD or USB-Stick) with the PDF file of your thesis to the copy for the first examiner.
- Make a copy of the cover page for the examination office.
Submitting the Master Thesis
- Submit the two copies of your master thesis and the copy of the cover page to the examination office personally and not later than the submission date. Note that you can only submit it during the office hours of the examination office. In case your submission date is on a day where the examination office is closed, submit your thesis on the very next day possible.
The office hours are on Mondays from 9.00 a.m. – 12.30 p.m. and on Thursdays from 1.00 p.m. – 3.00 p.m. (Ansprechpartner Prüfungsamt).
- Both copies will be stamped and you receive a sheet for your grade with the note that you submitted your thesis in due time.
- Bring the copy with the electronic storage medium (e.g. CD or USB-Stick) and the sheet to your first examiner and the other copy to your second examiner immediately.
- A few days after that we arrange a date for your presentation which has to be within six weeks after the submission date.