Selma Saidi, Ph.D
Since January 2016, I have a permanent research position in the Embedded System Lab in Hamburg University of Technology. Previously, I was doing a Post-Doc in the Technical University of Braunschweig with Prof. Rolf Ernst. , you can have access to my previous web page on the following link.
My research interests include embedded multi-cores with an additional concern for real-time and safety (mixed) critical systems, such as avionics and automotive domains.
I hold a Ph.D in computer sciences from the university of Grenoble, France (2008-2012) where I conducted an industrial Ph.D between VERIMAG Lab, under the supervision of Dr. Oded Maler, and STMicrotlectronics Grenoble in the AST(Advanced System Technology) Computing R&D Division.The focus was about optimizing explicitly managed data transfers in Multicore platforms such as STHORM/P2012.
Tel.: +49 (0) 40 42878-3590
Building E, Room 3.002
With a group of students, we won the First Prize in theSynC Contest 2017 competition organized in paris. The competition was organized jointly by ANSYS and the University of Paris Diderot and was about implementing, using SCADE Suite, a driver for an autonomous robot navigation system in a virtual city. More information are available here.
Workshop @ DATE2017 about: New Platforms for Future Cars: I am organizing a workshop at DATE2017 about the topic: "New Platforms for Future Cars: Safety and Security Challenges".The workshop gathers mainly people from industry, namely Infineon, Bosch, Daimler, Chrona, NXP, Kalray and ESCRYPT and will discuss different topics related to autonomous driving, the adoption of multicore platforms in automotive, IoT solutions for connected car systems and cyber security in cars. If you would like to attend the workshop, you are welcome to register here.
- 20th EUROMICRO CONFERENCE on Digital System Design (DSD 2017): Special Session on "ARCHITECTURES & SYSTEMS FOR AUTOMOTIVE & INTELLIGENT TRANSPORTATIONS (ASAIT) » (PC member)
- 25th International Conference on Real-Time Networks and Systems (RTNS 2017), Grenoble, France, October 4-6, 2017 (PC member)
- S. Saidi, "Optimizing Data Transfers for Embedded Multi-Cores", Ph.D thesis, UJF/STMicroelectronics, 2012, pdf, slides.
- Eberle Rambo, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Designing Networks-on-Chip for High Assurance Real-Time Systems", PRDC 2017 (to appear) New !!
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Sebastian Tobuschat, Rolf Ernst, "Supporting Suspension-Based Locking Mechanisms for Networks-on-Chips", RTNS 2016 New !!
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Multi-Path Scheduling for Multimedia Traffic in Safety Critical On-chip Networks", ESTIMEDIA 2016 (to appear) New !!
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Sebastian Tobuschat, Rolf Ernst, "Safe and Dynamic Traffic Rate Control for Networks-on-Chips", NOCS 2016 New !!
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Slack-Based Resource Arbitration for Real-Time Networks-On-chip", DATE 2016
- Eberle Rambo, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Providing Formal Latency Guarantees for ARQ-based Protocols in Networks-on-Chip", DATE 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Dynamic Admission Control for Real-Time Networks-On-Chips", ASP-DAC 2016
- Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, Sascha Uhrig, Henrik Theiling, Benoit Dupont De Dinechin, "The Shift to Multicores in Real-Time and Safety-Critical Systems", CODES+ISSS 2015 (Invited Paper) New !!!
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Dynamic Control for Mixed Critical Networks-on-Chips", RTSS 2015
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Flexible TDM- Based Resource Management in On-Chip Networks", RTNS 2015
- Leonardo Ecco, Selma Saidi, Adam Kostrzewa, Rolf Ernst, "Real-Time DRAM Throughput Guarantees for Latency Sensitive Mixed QoS MPSoCs", SIES 2015
- Selma Saidi, Ylies Falcone, "Dynamic Detection and Mitigation of DMA Races in MPSoCs", DSD 2015
- Leonardo Ecco, Sebastian Tobuschat, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "A Mixed Critical Memory Controller Using Bank Privatization and Fixed Priority Scheduling", RTCSA 2014
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimal 2D Data Partitioning for DMA Transfers on MPSoCs", DSD 2012, pdf, slides.
- Scott Cotton, Oded Maler, Julien Legriel, Selma Saidi, "Multi-Criteria Optimization for Mapping Programs to Multi-processors", SIES 2011, pdf, slides.
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Ensuring Safety and Efficiency in Networks-on-Chips", Integration, the VLSI Journal-Elsevier, 2016 New !!
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimizing Explicit Data Transfers for Data Parallel Applications on the Cell Processor", ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization, 2012 (Hipeac 2012), pdf , slides.
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimizing Two-dimensional DMA Transfers for Scratchpad Based MPSoCs Platforms", Microprocessors and Microsystems Journal: Embedded Hardware Design, 2013, pdf.