Selma Saidi, Ph.D
Since January 2016, I have a permanent research position in the institute of embedded systems in Hamburg University of Technology. My research interests involve all software and hardware aspects of embedded systems design, implementation, validation, and verification, with a focus on the areas of formal timing analysis, parallel and heterogeneous embedded architectures for real-time safety-critical systems, reliability and security. This includes the following areas,
I hold a Ph.D in computer sciences from the university of Grenoble, France (2008-2012) obtained under the supervision of Dr. Oded Maler and conducted between VERIMAG, a leading research center in embedded systems, and the AST(Advanced System Technology) Computing R&D Division in STMicrotlectronics. The focus of my Ph.D was about optimizing explicitly managed data transfers in innovative multi-core architectures for application acceleration such as STHORM/P2012. Later, I joined in 2013 the group of Prof. Rolf Ernst. in the Technical University of Braunschweig as a Postdoctoral researcher to work on formal timing analysis of shared resources in multi/many-core architectures dedicated to mixed-criticality systems.
Tel.: +49 (0) 40 42878-3590
Building E, Room 3.002
Special Session @ ESWEEK2018 about: " Future Automotive Systems Design: Research Challenges and Opportunities": This special session will be part of CODES+ISSS and will be dedicated to invited speakers from industry to discuss current industrial trends and open problems in the hardware and software design of automotive systems, dictating rigorous constraints in terms of safety, real-time capabilities and security.
- Dirk Ziegenbein - Robert Bosch GmbH: Talk Title: "Breaking Automotive Traditions ... but not the Legacy Code"
- Gurulingesh Raravi - NVIDIA Corp: Talk Title: "The Journey Towards Reconciling Performance and Predictability"
- Marko Wolf - ESCRYPT GmbH: Talk Title:"New Cybersecurity Challenges in a Disruptive Automotive World"
- Workshop Organizer @ DATE2018/DATE2017 about: "New Platforms for Future Cars (NPCAR)": The goal of the workshop is to bring together researchers as well as practitioners from academia and industry to discuss and investigate cutting-edge methods and tools that will be driving technology in the field of autonomous driving. Two consecutive editions of a full-day workshop gathered distinguished speakers from both academia and industry with a predominant participation from major automotive industry players, such as Bosch, NXP, Daimler, Infineon, ESCRYPT, TTTech and Ibeo-automotive. More information about the events can be found on the following links: NPCAR2018, NPCAR2017.
- Special Session Co-Organizer at DAC 2018 about “Designing Safe Automated Vehicles”.
- Special Session Organizer @ ESWEEK 2015 about “The Shift to Multi-Cores in Real-time and Safety Critical Systems”.
Program Committee Member
- DATE 2019: Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference
- DAC 2019, 2018: Design Automation Conference
- DSD 2018, 2017, 2016: Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design
- FDL 2018, 2017: Forum on Specification & Design Languages
- RTSS 2018: Real-Time Systems Symposium (Brief Presentations)
- WATERS 2018: Workshop on Analysis Tools and Methodologies for Embedded and Real-Time Systems
- RTNS 2017: International Conference on Real-Time Networks and Systems
- ESTIMEDIA 2017, 2016: IEEE/ACM Symposium on Embedded Systems for Real-Time Multimedia
- S. Saidi, "Optimizing Data Transfers for Embedded Multi-Cores", Ph.D thesis, UJF/STMicroelectronics, 2012, pdf, slides.
- Selma Saidi, Alexander Syring, "Exploiting Locality for the Performance Analysis of Shared Memory Systems in MPSoCs", RTSS2018, New !!!
- Dominic Oehlert, Selma Saidi, Heiko Falk, "Compiler-Based Extraction of Event Arrival Functions for Real-Time Systems Analysis", ECRTS 2018. New !!!
- Mohammad Hamad, Zain A.H. Hammadeh, Selma Saidi, Vassilis Prevelakis, Rolf Ernst, "Prediction of Abnormal Temporal Behavior in Real-Time systems", SAC 2018 New !!!
- Selma Saidi, Sebastian Steinhorst, Arne Hamann, Dirk Ziegenbein, Marko Wolf, "Special Session-Future Automotive Systems Design: Research Challenges and Opportunities ", CODES+ISSS 2018. New !!!
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Modeling Accesses to Shared Memories in Multi-Processor Systems-on-Chip (MPSoCs)", WATERS 2018.
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Ensuring Safety and Efficiency in Networks-on-Chips", Integration, the VLSI Journal-Elsevier, 2017.
- Eberle Rambo, Christoph Seitz, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Bridging the Gap between Resilient Networks-on-Chip and Real-Time Systems", Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2017.
- Selma Saidi, "On the Benefits of Multicores for Real-Time Systems", DSD 2017
- Eberle Rambo, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Designing Networks-on-Chip for High Assurance Real-Time Systems", PRDC 2017
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Sebastian Tobuschat, Rolf Ernst, "Supporting Suspension-Based Locking Mechanisms for Networks-on-Chips", RTNS 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Multi-Path Scheduling for Multimedia Traffic in Safety Critical On-chip Networks", ESTIMEDIA 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Sebastian Tobuschat, Rolf Ernst, "Safe and Dynamic Traffic Rate Control for Networks-on-Chips", NOCS 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Slack-Based Resource Arbitration for Real-Time Networks-On-chip", DATE 2016
- Eberle Rambo, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Providing Formal Latency Guarantees for ARQ-based Protocols in Networks-on-Chip", DATE 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Dynamic Admission Control for Real-Time Networks-On-Chips", ASP-DAC 2016
- Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, Sascha Uhrig, Henrik Theiling, Benoit Dupont De Dinechin, "The Shift to Multicores in Real-Time and Safety-Critical Systems", CODES+ISSS 2015
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Dynamic Control for Mixed Critical Networks-on-Chips", RTSS 2015
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Flexible TDM- Based Resource Management in On-Chip Networks", RTNS 2015
- Leonardo Ecco, Selma Saidi, Adam Kostrzewa, Rolf Ernst, "Real-Time DRAM Throughput Guarantees for Latency Sensitive Mixed QoS MPSoCs", SIES 2015
- Selma Saidi, Ylies Falcone, "Dynamic Detection and Mitigation of DMA Races in MPSoCs", DSD 2015
- Leonardo Ecco, Sebastian Tobuschat, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "A Mixed Critical Memory Controller Using Bank Privatization and Fixed Priority Scheduling", RTCSA 2014
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimizing Two-dimensional DMA Transfers for Scratchpad Based MPSoCs Platforms", Microprocessors and Microsystems Journal: Embedded Hardware Design, 2013, pdf.
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimizing Explicit Data Transfers for Data Parallel Applications on the Cell Processor", ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization, 2012 (Hipeac 2012), pdf , slides.
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimal 2D Data Partitioning for DMA Transfers on MPSoCs", DSD 2012, pdf, slides.
- Scott Cotton, Oded Maler, Julien Legriel, Selma Saidi, "Multi-Criteria Optimization for Mapping Programs to Multi-processors", SIES 2011, pdf, slides.