Selma Saidi, Ph.D
I have a permanent research position in the institute of embedded systems in Hamburg University of Technology. My research interests involve all software and hardware aspects of embedded systems design, implementation, validation, and verification, with a focus on the areas of formal timing analysis, parallel and heterogeneous embedded architectures for real-time safety-critical systems, reliability and security. This includes the following areas,
I hold a Ph.D in computer sciences from the university of Grenoble, France (2008-2012) obtained under the supervision of Dr. Oded Maler and conducted between VERIMAG, a leading research center in embedded systems, and the AST(Advanced System Technology) Computing R&D Division in STMicrotlectronics. The focus of my Ph.D was about optimizing explicitly managed data transfers in innovative multi-core architectures for application acceleration such as STHORM/P2012. Later, I joined in 2013 the group of Prof. Rolf Ernst. in the Technical University of Braunschweig as a Postdoctoral researcher to work on formal timing analysis of shared resources in multi/many-core architectures dedicated to mixed-criticality systems.
Tel.: +49 (0) 40 42878-3590
Building E, Room 3.002
- Workshop on Autonomous Systems Design (ASD 2019): co-located with DATE 2019.
- IEEE Design & Test Special Issue on Autonomous Systems Design: (deadline June 28). Call for Papers available here.
- WATERS 2019 (co-located with ECRTS) @ Stuttgart: Workshop on Analysis Tools and Methodologies for Embedded and Real-Time Systems.
- Tutorial @ ESWEEK 2019: "HW/SW Modeling and Performance Analysis of Heterogeneous Safety-Critical Systems".
Dagstuhl Seminar 2019: "Future Automotive HW/SW Platform Design". More information can be found here.
- Winter Semester: Real-Time Systems Course, general information about the lecture can be found here.
- Summer Semester: Embedded Systems Course. general information about the lecture can be found here.
Program Committee Member
- DATE 2020, 2019: Design, Automation & Test in Europe Conference (Topic A3: Automotive
Systems and Smart Energy Systems)
- DAC 2019, 2018: Design Automation Conference (Topic AS1: Autonomous Systems)
- RTSS 2019:Real-Time Systems Symposium (Design and Application Track)
- FDL 2019, 2018, 2017: Forum on Specification & Design Languages
- RTNS 2017: International Conference on Real-Time Networks and Systems
- ESTIMEDIA 2017, 2016: IEEE/ACM Symposium on Embedded Systems for Real-Time Multimedia
- S. Saidi, "Optimizing Data Transfers for Embedded Multi-Cores", Ph.D thesis, UJF/STMicroelectronics, 2012, pdf, slides.
- Selma Saidi, "On Analyzing Memory Latency for Embedded CPS Platforms", Euromicro Conference on Digital System Design, DSD 2019 , New !!!
- Alexander Diewald, Simon Barner, Selma Saidi, "Combined Data Transfer Response Time and Mapping Exploration in MPSoCs", WATERS 2019, colocated with ECRTS. , New !!!
- Arne Hamann, Dirk Ziegenbein and Selma Saidi, "Requirements on Next-Generation Operating Systems for Automotive Systems", NGOSCPS 2019, colocated with CPS-IoT Week.
- Selma Saidi, Alexander Syring, "Exploiting Locality for the Performance Analysis of Shared Memory Systems in MPSoCs", RTSS 2018, New !!!
- Dominic Oehlert, Selma Saidi, Heiko Falk, "Compiler-Based Extraction of Event Arrival Functions for Real-Time Systems Analysis", ECRTS 2018. New !!!
- Mohammad Hamad, Zain A.H. Hammadeh, Selma Saidi, Vassilis Prevelakis, Rolf Ernst, "Prediction of Abnormal Temporal Behavior in Real-Time systems", SAC 2018
- Selma Saidi, Sebastian Steinhorst, Arne Hamann, Dirk Ziegenbein, Marko Wolf, "Special Session-Future Automotive Systems Design: Research Challenges and Opportunities ", CODES+ISSS 2018.
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Modeling Accesses to Shared Memories in Multi-Processor Systems-on-Chip (MPSoCs)", WATERS 2018, colocated with ECRTS.
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Ensuring Safety and Efficiency in Networks-on-Chips", Integration, the VLSI Journal-Elsevier, 2017.
- Eberle Rambo, Christoph Seitz, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Bridging the Gap between Resilient Networks-on-Chip and Real-Time Systems", Transactions on Emerging Topics in Computing, 2017.
- Selma Saidi, "On the Benefits of Multicores for Real-Time Systems", DSD 2017
- Eberle Rambo, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Designing Networks-on-Chip for High Assurance Real-Time Systems", PRDC 2017
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Sebastian Tobuschat, Rolf Ernst, "Supporting Suspension-Based Locking Mechanisms for Networks-on-Chips", RTNS 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Multi-Path Scheduling for Multimedia Traffic in Safety Critical On-chip Networks", ESTIMEDIA 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Sebastian Tobuschat, Rolf Ernst, "Safe and Dynamic Traffic Rate Control for Networks-on-Chips", NOCS 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Slack-Based Resource Arbitration for Real-Time Networks-On-chip", DATE 2016
- Eberle Rambo, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Providing Formal Latency Guarantees for ARQ-based Protocols in Networks-on-Chip", DATE 2016
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Dynamic Admission Control for Real-Time Networks-On-Chips", ASP-DAC 2016
- Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, Sascha Uhrig, Henrik Theiling, Benoit Dupont De Dinechin, "The Shift to Multicores in Real-Time and Safety-Critical Systems", CODES+ISSS 2015
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "Dynamic Control for Mixed Critical Networks-on-Chips", RTSS 2015
- Adam Kostrzewa, Selma Saidi, Leonardo Ecco, Rolf Ernst, "Flexible TDM- Based Resource Management in On-Chip Networks", RTNS 2015
- Leonardo Ecco, Selma Saidi, Adam Kostrzewa, Rolf Ernst, "Real-Time DRAM Throughput Guarantees for Latency Sensitive Mixed QoS MPSoCs", SIES 2015
- Selma Saidi, Ylies Falcone, "Dynamic Detection and Mitigation of DMA Races in MPSoCs", DSD 2015
- Leonardo Ecco, Sebastian Tobuschat, Selma Saidi, Rolf Ernst, "A Mixed Critical Memory Controller Using Bank Privatization and Fixed Priority Scheduling", RTCSA 2014
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimizing Two-dimensional DMA Transfers for Scratchpad Based MPSoCs Platforms", Microprocessors and Microsystems Journal: Embedded Hardware Design, 2013, pdf.
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimizing Explicit Data Transfers for Data Parallel Applications on the Cell Processor", ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization, 2012 (Hipeac 2012), pdf , slides.
- Selma Saidi, Pranav Tendulkar, Thierry Lepley, Oded Maler, "Optimal 2D Data Partitioning for DMA Transfers on MPSoCs", DSD 2012, pdf, slides.
- Scott Cotton, Oded Maler, Julien Legriel, Selma Saidi, "Multi-Criteria Optimization for Mapping Programs to Multi-processors", SIES 2011, pdf, slides.