Development of a special frame for cargo-cycles
Description of the company
Modern, electric motor-assisted cargo-cycles help to make inner city‘s spaces more livable. They drive more quietly, cleaner and safer than cars, are flexible and save space. Especially in last-mile-delivery, bicycles often outperform cars in commercial traffic. These are the reasons why the Hamburgian startup tricargo specialized in logistics services with cargo-cycles since 2016, and since 2017 in development, production and sales of these vehicles. As a startup, we work very goal-oriented and practical.
tricargo is experienced with three-wheeled rear-loaders as commercial cargo-cycles. Thus we are familiar with many requirements and potential for improvements in distribution-logistics among other things. In 2017 we developed our first cargo-cycle prototypes. In 2018 we follow up with production of the first batch of our basic frame design. A second design is planned for market-ready development in 2019.
To avoid manual turnover of small-sized deliveries, the cargo-cycle needs a lifting-mechanism for europallets. For this, we are looking for construction ideas.
Aims of the project
The lifting-mechanism to be designed enables the next generation of cargo-cycles to lift europallets from the ground, to transport and set them down again
- Identification of functionalities
- Search for solution principles
- Organizing of viable modules
- Design of proper modules
- Design of the whole frame
Target group (students)
Students of technical degrees would be very suitable for this project if they exemplary want to:
- handle the product-development with agile methods
- experience creativity-techniques in practical implementation
- gain experience in the areas of design and development
- closely experience and shape the development of a new frame-design, from idea to production run
- combine their passion for bicycles with their studies
- get involved with fresh ideas about urban mobility and modern commercial traffic.
Please reserve these dates:
- 11 April: Information event with te companies, from 10am to 12pm, mainbuilding A; LuK
- 18 April: Kick-off event, from 2pm to 6pm (obligatory attendance)
- 21 and 28 April: Project management course, full day (obligatory attendance)