Implementation of an automatic hydraulic concentrate mixing system for the production of a dialysis fluid
Description of the company
D.Med Healthcare is a global medical service and product provider with focus on renal and diabetes care.
With more than 1,000 employees and a growing platform of operations in more than 30 countries we reach out to the world teaming up with local partners and stakeholders to create value for local health systems.
D.Med Healthcare is an independent development service provider, distributing highly innovative medical products with a worldwide network of dialysis service technicians.
Renal replacement therapy is a blood purification method which allows the removal of substances such as urea by diffusion and osmotic pressure from the blood. The therapy is performed by dialysis machines. The development and optimization of these devices requires an interdisciplinary project team with expertise in electronics, software programming, mechanics and medicine. As part of the project, this team should develop a part of a dialysis machine.
An isotonic liquid is prepared by mixing degassed water and various ions in the dialysis machine for the removal of the undesired substances in the blood by means of diffusion (substance equalization).
This process takes place in the mixing system in a volume controlled mixing system.
The dialyzer consisting of dialysate membrane allows the isotonic liquid to come across blood, diffusing undesired substances from blood into the liquid.
Construction of an automated hydraulic concentrate mixing system to produce isotonic liquid (dialysis fluid).
· Water input system
· Degassing system
· Temperature compensated mixing system for two components
(water and acid concentrate)
- Adding an extra mixing component to the system
- Implementation of heating system
Our product development is performed in a modular concept in which the concentrate mixing system will be the first step. This holds the potential for further development and according to this for a bachelor or master thesis. Further improvement of the system might lead to the possibility for a half-time or full-time job.
• Development according to "V-Model" - Process-dependent working
• Study the principle of concentrate preparation
• Creation of a requirement profile for the necessary hardware and
software for the realization of the preparation.
• Development of a concept
• Realization (including hardware setup and software programming)
• Creation of technical documentation
• Validation of the test environment
• Project management (including time and budget planning)
Students and graduates (up to 2 years after graduation) of all TUHH specializations. Especially students with an interest in project management, medical engineering and quality management.
In particular, engineering disciplines e.g.
• General Engineering Sciences
• Electrical engineering
• Mechanical engineering
• Construction technology
Please keep the following dates in mind:
- 23. October: Info Event, 10:00 to 12:00 o'clock in the LuK-Mehrzweckraum
- 1. November: Kick-Off-Event, 14:00 to 17:30 o'clock
- 4. and 12. November: Projektmanagement-Workshop, ca. 09:00 to 17:00 o'clock
- 8. November: kickoff-meeting with D.Med von 13:00 bis 15:00 o'clock, Bernhard-Nocht-Str. 99, 20359 Hamburg
- 24. November: Workshop "Führen ohne Vorgesetztenfunktion", ca. 09:00 bis 17:00 o'clock