Security in Tech Start-Ups
Tech Start-Ups disrupt almost all markets and industries. Start-Ups act extremely quick and agile and therefore can change the market significantly with the new services and applications they offer. On the other hand, Start-Ups typically do not integrate enterprise grade security mechanisms in their services and developments. This results in a high risk of potential disruption of their services.
Are the Start-Ups aware of this situation? Do they know about the risk and accept it? If they know about the risk, do they ignore the risk, or is the general assumption about the missing implementation of enterprise grade security just incorrect?
The project aims to evaluate how tech Start-Ups integrate cyber security into their business development. What methods and processes are already available and implemented by them? Furthermore, the general handling of risks in Start-Ups shall be analysed.
1. Analysis of current cyber risk awareness of tech Start-Ups and their risk appetite
2. Evaluation of current security measures and processes, that are usually implemented in tech Start-Ups
Students from the majors Computer Science, Computational Science and Engineering, Logistics and Mobility, Mechanical Engineering, International Management and Engineering preferred.
Please reserve these dates:
- 11 April: Information event with te companies, from 10am to 12pm, mainbuilding A; LuK
- 18 April: Kick-off event, from 2pm to 6pm (obligatory attendance)
- 21 and 28 April: Project management course, full day (obligatory attendance)