Proof of Language Proficiency (Sprachnachweis)

Please inform yourself beforehand about the requested proof of language and the language requirements of your host university. If you do not find the relevant information on the website of your host university, please contact us.
You will have to prove to the international office that you have level B2 in the language of instruction; this is mandatory!
Some universities ask for some basic knowledge in the official language of the country. Please make sure to provide us with a suitable language certificate.

Application for TUHH Student Exchange (Erasmus, overseas) & TUHH Funding (Promos)

Uploading a language certificate is compulsory. You need to upload the language certificate directly with your online application. Please make sure that you upload a certificate that clearly indicates your level. A simple proof of participation at a language course is not enough - neither is an online self-assessment.
Check the different language proficiency levels here

For further questions on language requirements and language certificates, contact the International Office.

Foreign Language Certificates & Tests

The Volkshochschule Hamburg also offers the DAAD-language certificate test. We also provide information on other language tests and certificates and where to obtain them. For more information click here and here

Foreign Language Classes at TUHH

Foreign language classes at TUHH and German language classes at TUHH are currently coordinated by Kirsten Petersen.
TUHH offers language classes through a cooperation with the 'Volkshochschule Hamburg' (public adult education centre).