Studying with Impairment*

Prospective students and students usually face special questions and challenges in choosing a degree program and when taking up and completing their studies. This also applies to prospective students and students with a disability, a chronic illness or similar impairment.*

Hamburg University of Technology aims at enabling all students to participate in studies and in student life as independently as possible and with equal opportunities. You are welcome to seek advice on this issue at the TUHH Student Counseling Center during our consultation hours. If you cannot visit our consultation hours, you may also make use of our phone consultation or contact our Infothek by mail or e-mail.

The following pages help to find relevant sources of information and support as well as institutions and contact persons:

Topical news service on disability politics
by the Association for the Internet-based Cooperation of Disabled Persons (kobinet)
Mental Health Week
Nationwide campaign week from October 10 to 20, 2019 under the
slogan "Together instead of alone - living together in mental health"
Inclusion Days 2019
Event for inclusion and equal participation organised by the Federal
Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs on the topic of culture, leisure,
sports and tourism
11 and 12 November 2019 in Berlin
Time for Inclusion
Sports, cultural events and educational opportunities
under the slogan "Hamburg gets inclusive" until December 2019
for people with and without impairment


  • Representative for the Interests of Students with Impairment* at TUHH
    According to section 88 paragraph 1 of the Hamburg Higher Education Act, the universities elect representatives for the interests of students with impairment. This position is vacant at TUHH, since the term of office of the previous representative ended. The executive board of TUHH is undertaking intensive efforts towards a replacement. For the time being, prospective students and students with impairment* may contact the Student Counseling Center of TUHH with questions regarding the compensation of disadvantages and special hardship regulations.

* If you are in doubt as to whether you have an impairment that is relevant to your
  studies, you may find further information here.