Thank you for your interest in our university. All information is made available simultaneously in the German and English languages. But please note that the programs you are currently reading up on are taught in German as the main language of instruction. In case of application you have to prove sufficient knowledge in German amongst others.
Notes for applicants with qualifications from abroad
All applicants have to apply online. If you are unable to apply so, please use the DAAD application form and mail it to us along with the documents required up to the application deadline.
And please note: TUHH does not cooperate with uni-assist. Please apply directy.
The most important information concerning application and admission are also given in this brochure (PDF).
Documents required for the application procedure
Along with the online application form please submit the following documents at least (by uploading):
- a photocopy of your school-leaving report, including grades / if available: for graduates of a German Studienkolleg: FSP certificate (T-course) and a copy of the corresponding school-leaving certificate from your home country
- if available: a photocopy of the university admission examination
- photocopies of your studies, including grades. Note: In case you will receive your Bachelor's degree not before the end of current semester you also have to apply until the deadline. Please enclose a certification from your university (forecasting your degree until end of summer semester / sample) and your transcript of records.
- a photocopy of proof of sufficient language knowledge
- recommendation: If possible please submit a detailed summary (subject matter, duration, examinations etc.) of lectures attended by you during your studies. The document can be issued in English but must be official authorized by your university.
Please also note: If your certificates are not in German or English, you must also attach translations by an officially authorized translator or certified by an official body. The translations and photocopies of the originals must be uploaded into the online application portal. A translation on its own can't be accepted by TUHH.
Master's Entrance Qualification
Admission requirement for a Master's program is a qualifying degree of a Bachlor of Science or an equivalent degree from a corresponding academic program. Degrees issued in other countries are classified differently in relation to the German university qualification. For a first overview take a look at anabin and see here for information concerning professional suitability.
There is no need to submit documents or officially certified documents during the application procedure by the postal service. After being accepted to study at TUHH, officially certified documents have to be submitted during the enrolment procedure. Further information can be found here.
To be successful it is necessary to have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction. Information can be found here.