Main Areas of Research
- Development of Dynamic Stability Criteria based on Ship seakeeping Simulations.
- Development of hydrodynamic Calculation Methods for the early design stage of ships
- Development of new Approaches and new Design Methods for Product Design in Naval Architecture
- Introduction of RANS-CFD into the Initial Design Process
- Simulation of Propeller induced Pressure Fluctuations.
- Simulation of Ship Main Engines during nautical Maneuvers.
- Designloads on Ruders and other maneuvering Devices.
- Hulloptimisation with CFD Methods.
- Maneuvering behavior at slow Speeds.