Courses SoSe 2019
Design optimization and probalistic methods in structural mechanics
The course is offered in german. Have a look on the german website for detailed information.
Courses WiSe 2020/2021
Structural Mechanics of Fibre Reinforced Composites
The lecture deals with the structural analysis of fiber composites. Due to the anisotropic and inhomogeneous material properties, the analysis this is significantly more complex than e.g. for metallic materials. Therefore, models for analysis are presented and the special features of dimensioning this type of materials, which is important for lightweight construction, are discussed.
- Classical laminate theory
- Rules of mixture
- Failure mechanisms and criteria of composites
- Boundary value problems of isotropic and anisotropic shells
- Stability of composite structures
- Optimization of laminated composites
- Numerical Analyses of composites