23. October 2019Video zum CAE Teamprojekt 2019 - Rennen der Siegerfahrzeuge hier...
10. October 2019Bitte beachten Sie die Vorlesungsankündigungen am Touch-Infoscreen des Instituts DE17(L)-1013 und die Hinweise auf der Internet-Plattform Stud.IP
30. August 2019Vom 11. bis 16. August 2019 fand die 22. International Conference on Composite Materials (ICCM22) in Melbourne, Australien statt. (weiterlesen...)
13. August 2019Eine der wichtigsten Veranstaltungen für Wissenschaftler/innen mit dem Forschungsschwerpunkt der Produktentwicklung - die ICED - fand dieses Jahr an
29. July 2019Das offzielle Programm zum Design for X Symposium 2019 steht nun zum Download zur Verfügung.
We call for submission of oral and poster contributions from PhD-students working at universities and research institutions in the field of lightweight systems and related fabrication technologies. The language of the symposium is English.
Today more than ever, economic growth, prosperity and mobility need to be balanced with the limited availability of natural resources and energy reserves. In this context, lightweight systems play a central role by the realization of sustainable products and components, minimizing material and energy consumption over the entire design life. The design space available to engineers is continuously expanded by novel material systems and fabrication technologies entering the market. At the same time, novel multi-disciplinary design tools, methods and approaches, new data and information technologies are revolutionizing products and the way they are designed and fabricated.
The symposium Lightweight Design in Product Development (LWD-PD) will be held at ETH Zurich on:
June 13th to 15th 2018
The purpose of this symposium is to selectively address and discuss actual topics along the entire value chain from material to design and fabrication, sharing research achievements at the leading edge of research and application and discussing and exchanging ideas on future trends.StructureThe LWD-PD symposium is structured in five blocks, each one of them addressing one of the following topics:Multi-functional lightweight systemsModular lightweight designEngineering of compositesAdditive manufacturing for lightweight designAdvanced materials and processesBlocks are all organized in the same manner. They include a keynote presentation, short talks and an extended poster session. Therefore, PhD-students will be asked to briefly present their own research and prepare a poster contribution. Sufficient time for specific discussions and exchanges will be allocated at the poster sessions.
- P. Ermanni, ETH Zurich, CH (Chair)
- D. Krause, TU Hamburg, GER
- M. Meboldt, ETH Zurich, CH (co-Chair)
- S. Wartzack, FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg, GER
- M. Zogg, Inspire AG, CH
Best Research Award and Publishing
A best research award will be granted during the symposium and outstanding scientific contributions will be proposed for publication in a thematic collection of the Design Science Journal (www.designsciencejournal.org).
Call for Abstracts
- Authors will submit a 300 words abstract until April, 15th 2018
- Program committee will provide feedback concerning the abstract until April, 30th 2018
- Authors of accepted abstracts are requested to submit an extended abstract (max. 3 pages) until May, 25th 2018
For abstract submission, send your contribution to firstname.lastname@example.org.