At the interface of engineering and economics, our Institute carries on application-oriented research and teaching in the areas of logistics, supply chain management and business management. Our goal is to develop scientifically founded and practically realizable concepts through interdisciplinary research cooperations, as well as through intense collaboration and networking with manufacturing enterprises and service providers.
Based on our long term expertise in research and teaching, we offer the following services and opportunities for cooperation:
- Transferring methods and knowledge through workshops, discussion panels and conferences
- Implementing modern concepts in management through working-groups
- Conducting national and international scientific studies
- Handling of sophisticated industry projects
- Building-up competence networks for research and industry
- In-house training, consulting and benchmarking
In addition, our institute is part of the Production Management Section of the German Academic Association for Business Research (VHB). We are also a member of the university’s group for labour and management organization (HAB). Furthermore, we actively contribute to the German Federation of Industrial Research Associations (AIF), to the German Association for Materials Management, Purchasing and Logistics (BME) as well as participate in the Logistics Initiative Hamburg and the German Logistics Association (BVL).