|Marketing and Sales||Supervisor||Published||Language|
|Prediction markets for marketing||Christopher Kelch||German/ English|
|Open and User Innovation||Supervisor||Published||Language|
|Knowledge re-use in online user innovation communities||Emil Herrling||English|
|Turning users into paying customers: Enhancing conversion rates in e-commerce||Prof. Dr. Christian Lüthje||English|
In addition to our open topic calls, we give motivated students the opportunity to realize their own research ideas as part of their master thesis. Please contact respective supervisor with a descriptive application. The application should clarify the scientific problem and your motivation for dealing with the topic.
Basically we are open to thesis topics defined in collaboration with firms. Please note, however, that a bachelor or master thesis is a scientific work aiming at answering a research question.
- A bachelor or master thesis needs to have a scientific character. Your work has to make a contribution to the research in the fields of marketing, innovation management or entrepreneurship – even if this contribution may be specific and rather small. Think about research subjects when defining a topic.
- Try to start your search for an appropriate topic by defining questions for which you would like to develop answers. Which challenge or problem could be in the focus of your work? Which firm task or company activity would you like to research? Which phenomena that are often observable in markets or organizations are you interested in?
- Figure out if the questions are novel and scientifically relevant by conducting a first scan of the literature published in scientific journals and books. Try to get a rough overview of the contemporary research: In which research stream could you locate your research questions?
- Figure out if the questions are of practical relevance. Would your research help companies, customers, public authorities or other entities to act more efficiently or more successfully?
- After ideating, checking and eliminating different research questions, finally, you may arrive at a subject that you would really like to investigate. Test yourself if you are really clear about the specific subject. A good check is to formulate a working title and describing the aim of your thesis in no more than three sentences. Talk to your classmates, friends and family about the topic to refine the subject.
Beside the theoretical and practical contribution of a thesis, we also emphasize on a formally accurate work and a comprehensible text. Pay attention to avoid flaws in your literature work, in your citations and your text. Please consider our guidelines when writing your thesis. Our guidelines for writing scientific papers can be downloaded here.