The workshop on passive communication and power transfer will be held on-site at the International Conference on Embedded Wireless Systems and Networks (EWSN) 2022 in Linz, Austria.
Complementing the topics of EWSN 2022, this workshop will bring researchers together to explore the challenges, issues and opportunities in the research, design, and engineering of innovative passive communication systems, such as acoustic backcatter (e.g., underwater or in-solid), passive visual light communication, and (ambient) radio-frequency backscatter. These are enabling technologies for future applications in environmental monitoring, aerospace industries, transportation, structural health monitoring, and smart cities. Innovative solutions in backscatter communication technology, wireless power transfer, and power management policies are needed to enable reliable communication over backscatter channels. Technical articles, demos and posters are solicited, describing advances with passive communication or wireless power transfer, as well as those which describe practical deployments and implementation experiences. The workshop also offers a platform for innovative future directions by soliciting position papers.
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Low-power solutions for backscatter Tag and Reader hardware
- (Higher-order) modulation schemes for backscatter networks
- Sensors and actuators for acoustic, or visual light waves
- Channel models and channel estimation and equalization techniques for backscatter channels
- Physical and network-layer protocols for backscatter communication
- Channel coding on resource-constrained Tags
- Dynamic optimization of power transfer with acoustic or electromagnetic waves
- Power management concepts, algorithms, and circuits for wirelessly powered systems
- Selectivity in Multi-Tag environments
We are soliciting four types of submission: technical papers (up to 6 pages, plus references), position papers (up to 3 pages), poster papers (up to 2 pages), and demo papers (up to 2 pages). Papers should be submitted for consideration via hotCRP, prior to the submission deadline. Papers should adhere to the formatting guidelines from EWSN, templates are available here (right click and save). Papers will undergo a double-blind review and will be reviewed for novelty, relevance, and quality. Accepted submissions will be available in the ACM Digital Library
Register and upload your submission here: https://pcpt22.hotcrp.com