This template offers a semi transparent body over a background image. Its main feature is a static dropdown menu. The Menu supports up to three menu levels.
The name was inspired by photo wallpapers popular in the seventies
This template is published under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) V2.
This template uses code from the default template and from Michael Klier’s Arctic template.
The CSS-code used in the dropdown menu was inspired by http://www.lwis.net/free-css-drop-down-menu/
The resizable fake background image was inspired by Chris Coyier (http://css-tricks.com/how-to-resizeable-background-image/)
Menu animation inspired by Brian Huisman (http://www.greywyvern.com/?post=337)
Unpack the file in the /lib/tpl directory of your Dokuwiki installation. It will create a directory named
In the configuration plugin chose
wallpaper as your template:
The basic configuration is done via
style.ini. In addition to general dokuwiki style options there are two template specific options (under normal circumstances you will not have to change these):
;wallpaper special variables ;--------------------------------------------------------------------------- ; width of menu items __menuwidth__= "15em" ; text color inactive buttons __color_disabled__="#ccc"
Here you can set the width of the submenus
__menuwidth__ (CSS width units apply). The text color of inactive buttons
__color_disabled__ should only be changed if your reconfigure the whole color scheme.
Further configuration can be done via the configuration dialog in the admin functions:
Prepare a wiki file with a structure of unordered list of links. This structure may be three levels deep. These links will be used to construct the menu. The file must be saved in the root namepsace of your wiki.
=====My menu===== * [[first level item]] * [[first level item]] * [[second level item]] * [[second level item]] * [[third level item]] * [[first level item]]
Non-list lines (like the heading in the example) will be ignored. List lines without wikilinks will be ignored too. Links that do not point to existing files will be eliminated from the menu.
If a linked page is a start page of a namespace it will be always be shown in the menu as if this page has sub-entries in the menu even if that is not the case.
This template works best with “Hierarchical breadcrumbs” switched on and the corresponding “Number of breadcrumbs” set to “0”.
Switching “Use first heading for pagenames” to “Always” or “Navigation” results in a nicer menu.
The background image can be changed if you drop a JPG-image named bg.jpg into the ‚images‘ directory inside the template directory.
The background image should be at least as wide as the biggest possible window width. The image should have a color gradient fading into black in the bottom.
The background for namespaces and/or individual pages may be changed by uploading JPG images. Picture files have to be named
(page name)_bg.jpg or
(namespace name)_bg.jpg. Replace (page name) or (namespace name) by the page name or namespace name the way it is converted by Dokuwiki (see the page URL). If you use namespaces background pictures must be uploaded into the corresponding folder for the namespace.
To keep the size of the template small I have included only one example background image. Here you can download a few more example pictures:
This template should work well with all current browsers.
Version 0.7 of this template was made for DokuWiki Release 2013-05-10 (Weatherwax) (No longer developed).
Version 0.9 of this template was made for DokuWiki Release 2014-09-29 (Hrun). It also works with version 2014-05-05 (Ponder Stibbons) and version 2013-12-08 (Binky).
- initial release
- switched to a resizing pseudo background image
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki rc2010-10-07
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki 2010-11-07
- Fix for black on black footnote pop-ups
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki rc2011-04-22
- corrected font size for code segments
- adds the possibility to configure the contents of the menu
- redesign of the print layout
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki rc2011-11-10
- small CSS changes
- bugfix for menu file mode: wikilinks are now interpreted correctly including link title
- media manager button can be switched off
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki 2012-01-25
- Menu CSS fix suggested by Gleb Kozyrev (gleb [at] gkoz dot com)
- configurable namespaces may be excluded from the index
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki rc2012-09-10 and 2012-10-13 (Adora Belle)
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki rc2013-03-06 and 2013-05-10 (Weatherwax)
- fix for dw2pdf button
- CSS syntax fix
- compatibility release for Dokuwiki rc2013-11-18 and 2013-12-08 (Binky)
- Move to HTML5 and CSS3
- Removes transparent background graphics in favor of CSS3 background transparency
- Menu animation with CSS3 transitions
- Bugfix for default page name
- Fix a regression introduced with the last revision
- Adds the option of a fixed background image
- introduces a max width of the content
- sync of github and download code
- fixes a grave bug in the detail picture view
- offers configurable background images per page and namespace
- introduces responsiveness
- a few minor fixes
wallpaper-0.7.2.tar.gz 161,585 Bytes (for Dokuwiki release 2013-05-10)
wallpaper-0.9.1.tar.gz 162.275 Bytes (for Dokuwiki release 2013-12-08, 2014-05-05 and 2014-09-29)
The source code is also available from a GitHub repository https://github.com/kvormweg/wallpaper
Please see my 'courses' wiki (in German). Use the template switcher provided by the excellent “loadskin” plugin at the top of the page.